[Teniu disponible la versió catalana d’aquest fitxer aquí]
My name is Xavier Bordoy. I’m a teacher of Mathematics. Since season 2013-2014, I have worked at an adults school in Mallorca (Spain) . I teach secondary school equivalent courses and preparation for taking exams to university and vocational training admission.
These are the communication channels to contact with me. Email is preferred.
Use of software services
I’m very skeptic about using sites which offer services for replace local use of software. The services I use form time to time are:
About this site
The contents of this site are written, basically, in Catalan and English. The last one is not my mothern tongue so you might detect some grammatical mistake in documents written in such language. Also, the expressivity in English documents is not what I wish. In case you detect any mistakes, please let me know using any of the above-mentioned contact channels. If you think that any part of this site could be improved, please let me know also.
You have the source code of whole site in the Github repository.
This web does not use HTTP cookies, except for the comments.
Except where otherwise noted, the content on this site (including comments) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. This means, essentially, that you are free to use, modify and distribute the contents of this site as long as you give appropiate credit, provide a link to the license and indicate if changes were made. For more information, see the legal terms of the license.
I intend to use works licensed under a Creative Commons licence1 or in public domain. In case I could not use these kinds of works and I need to use classic copyrighted material, the use of works is done under the protection of:
- The right of cite and outline for teaching purposes from the article 32 of the Spanish Intellectual Property Law 
- Fair use of the legislation of United States of America 
All registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- GNU Make which basically calls Pandoc for convert one format to one another. For example, it converts Markdown files [2,5] to HTML5 web pages  for the blog.
- The CSS Stylesheets are built using Bulma CSS framework version 0.5.0.
- Comments are powered by Isso via debian isso.
- Ruby and ERB are used for making small scripts (for example for making Atom feed file). Also I insert ruby code in markdown files with ERB.
- Git for version mantainance.
- Darkhttpd web server for testing the changes locally before upload them to my server. I use rsync for that task.
 CEPA Sud. Organigrama. claustre de professors. https://cepasud.cat/organigrama/.
 Gruber, J. Markdown. http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/.
 Ministerio de Cultura. Entrada 8930 del real decreto legislativo 1/1996, de 12 de abril, por el que se aprueba el texto refundido de la ley de propiedad intelectual, regularizando, aclarando y armonizando las disposiciones legales vigentes sobre la materia. 1996. http://boe.es/boe/dias/1996/04/22/pdfs/A14369-14396.pdf.
 Wikipedia. Fair use. 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use.
 Wikipedia. Markdown. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown.
 Wikipedia. HTML5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5.